In today’s tutorial we want to show you how to create a simple item slider with CSS animations and some jQuery. The idea was inspired by the Aplle product slider where several little items fly in with a bouncing animation. We wanted to translate this concept to a modern-looking alternative for a minimal online store design where the items represent different categories. Categories as use-case fit quite well because of the limited nature of this type of slider. For more items to be shown, this is certainly a far-from-optimal solution. If the amount of items is limited this might give an interesting little touch to the experience.
All posts in Slider
- Both the script & CSS are only 7k each (minified script, not gziped)
- Uses silky-smooth, hardware accelerated, CSS3 transitions and animations (for better performance)
- Pretty UI and easy UX
- CSS3 preloader, tailored-made. The only image you need is the arrow.png (soon even not that)
- Works also on IE9 and above, but clearly not as nice as in normal browsers
- Uses event-delegation on all thumbnails events
An experimental slider pagination using the jQuery UI slider. The idea is to use a simple navigation concept that preserves layout and style while allowing content to stay easily accessible.
Swiper – is the free and ultra lightweight mobile touch slider with hardware accelerated transitions (where supported) and amazing native behavior. It is intended to use in mobile websites, mobile web apps, and mobile native apps. Designed mostly for iOS, but also works on Android and latest Desktop browsers.
Photo gallery jQuery plugins are everywhere you turn. Not a week goes by without some web design blog featuring a list of jQuery galleries, carousels, sliders and slideshows. GalleryView is my attempt to write a single plugin capable of creating a wide variety of gallery types.
My goal with GalleryView is to provide an extensive set of options to the user. Not only will the user be able to adjust photo and thumbnail sizes, and transition speeds, but he will also have the ability to choose from a selection of element positions, transition styles and other features.
StackSlider is a highly experimental jQuery image slider plugin that explores a different and fun viewing concept for thumbnails, utilizing CSS 3D transforms and perspective. The idea is to navigate through two piles of images where the transition resembles an item being lifted off from the top of the stack and moved/rotated to the center of the container to be viewed. The previously viewed image falls on the opposite stack.
ayaSlider is a jQuery plugin to create awesome flexible awesome sliders with multiple animations and embed any html.
- Embed Any HTML Element
- Animate any/every element
- Customize the way you like, no predefined style sheet!
Destaque is a simple jquery plugin with built-tin parallax effect which can be easily applied to multiple slides using Destaque Queue.
jQuery Slider Shock. A fully responsive slider and the most complete over the web right now. Available for you to download it as a jQuery code to use it wherever you need, or as a plugin for the most used CMS: WordPress. We wanted to make something that could take advantage of all the power that the jQuery code has to offer and this is the result. Take a look into this post and the features that our slider has to offer.
Do you want to build your own Slider? Sure, you can do it!. Look at the controls available to do so.
- You can easily add thumbnails on any of the sides of the slider ( top, bottom, left, right ) allowing users to navigate easily between slides.
- jQuery Slider Shock supports not only images but also allows you to show Videos from YouTube playlists, RSS Feeds, Twitter Feeds, Flickr and Instagram images from an account.
- You can create an slider from each of the following sources: Custom Slides, Posts (WordPress), Custom Post Types (WP), Taxonomies (WP), External RSS, YouTube, Flickr, Twitter and Instagram.
- Add videos from YouTube, Vimeo or Hulu.
- Create a unique slider adding not only videos or only images, but both of them between slides.
- You can have as many sliders as you want in the a single page.
- Add a flat color or a pattern based background the captions in the slides.
- You can adjust both the position and width of the slider captions.
- You can also include external URL images. By doing that, you can add completely different background patterns to your slider.
- You can choose a fixed width for your images, or adjust them to the 100% of its parent width..
- Add image descriptions within the thumbnail labels and display them on top, bottom, left or right side of your slider.
- Like the images, the labels can have their own background.
- You can adjust both the position and width of your captions.
- Pick one from 31 available effects (premium) or let them be random.
- Responsiveness can be deactivated, allowing your slider to remain the same disregarding the screen size.
- You choose the skin that fits on your site the best from 39 skins.
ALS - Any List Scroller is the jQuery plugin by musings.it to scroll any list, of any dimension, with any content.
- It is surprisingly easy to use
- it works on any kind of list
- List elements can be texts, images, anything
- List items must not have a fixed size, or equal to each other
- The list can be scrolled horizontally or vertically
- Scrolling can be simple or infinite (circular)
- Scrolling can be manual or automatic (autoscroll)
- You can set the number of visible items
- You can set the scrolling step
- You can put more than one ALS in a single page (multiple instance)