A plugin for moving-map search, like on Yelp or Airbnb. Built with jQuery and Leaflet.
jQuery Birdseye is a plugin for replicating the “search in map” functionality of Yelp/Airbnb/Google using the API of your choosing. With a small bit of setup, you can have the sweet, mapsearchy goodness that these sites do, at a fraction of the cost.
5sec Google Maps Standalone with jQuery have following features :
- 5sec concept ensures you’re not wasting your time
- all configuration is done through HTML – no messy JS
- iframe and single image maps are available for extra speed
- fully responsive
- supports multiple maps per page
- configurable bubble for location pin (iframe maps)
- configurable location pin (image maps)
- works on any site or CMS
- detailed documentation
- extremely easy to configure
“Google Maps Events” is a nice way for show locations info when click on map’s markers. The script using XML files for show the information for each location. You can show the information in an accordion menu, in tabs menu, as modal window or in a simple div in any area of your pages! You can add the location coordinates in XML file or get the coordinates by address (geocoding)! The script coming with 24 demos and a useful tool for find the coordinates by address!
- Edit a XML file for set your information and map settings
- You can using coordinates or address for set the markers on map
- Show the location’s info in accordion, tabs, modal window or simple div
- Show polylines, directions or just the markers on map
- Styling polylines and directions lines (color, opacity, symbols like arrows etc)
- You can use different markers (icons and dimensions) for each location in the same map
- Editable tooltip when you put the mouse over a marker
- Nice scrollbars for tabs and text (when are bigger than div’s height)
- Complete documentation with step by step instructions
- You can change the style very easy with simple CSS
Hey! In today’s tutorial we will create an interactive Google map using the geocoding service. Using the Twitter API we will retrieve the user’s location, and then display the profile picture on the map. We will also add the click action, after which we will retrieve the user’s 5 latest tweets.
Maplace.js helps you to embed Google Maps into your website, quickly create markers and controls menu for the locations on map.It requires jQuery and Google Maps API v3 so you need to have both in your page.
- Straightforward implementation with simple options
- Can run as many maps as required
- Markers and custom icons, zoom level and custom controls menu
- Supports for Directions, Polygons, Polylines, Fusion tables and styled maps
- Works in all major browsers, including IE6 (this website not so much)
HTML5 Geolocation API allows users to share their location with web applications by capturing the approximate longitude and latitude coordinates of the user with their permission. The Geolocation feature can be used to enrich many types of web applications by adding automatic location information. For example, users can share their locations with their friends in a social network, can be guided to a direction or location based ads can be displayed. The Geolocation API can be paired up with different maps, such as Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, Bing Maps or Nokia Ovi Maps.
As far the use privacy is concerned, the HTML5 specification explicitly requires the user permission to share its location to any application requesting Geolocation information.Almost all modern browsers Firefox 3.5+, Opera 10.6+, Chrome 5+, Safari 5+ and Internet Explorer 9+ support Geolocation API.
Majuro.js is an open data platform. In each city, users select a neighborhood or draw a custom area to extract buildings. They then can color-code, annotate, and describe each building, before creating a static site by forking the repo and adding their JSON data through Github’s web interface.
The objective is to develop custom maps based on cities’ public data, without leaving the web browser or introducing command line tools.
Today i created a new looking “Google Map Instant Search” with simple jquery and j-son script ,by using Google’s API and by using instant search function keyup(function(e)) this will started to display the places as you type the results on the search box with simple and neat user interface and easy to search .
Include this jquery plugin to get the location of the users visiting your webpage.This plugin displays the complete address, latitude and logitude of the user in a div and also displays the location found in a Google map.