To continue with our experiment series, our designing and programming team joined forces to create an amazing carousel vintage photo slider with PHP and jQuery. This is definitely a nice photo slider to be applied in different websites so you can showcase your work in a more original way. This tutorial is going to cover the programming part of the carousel (stay close to find out the release time of the design part) so you can learn how we did this fancy photo slider and you can adapt it to your own projects.
All posts in Carousel
“jq.carousel” is a jQuery plugin you can implement a simple carousel and Customizable.Because they are designed to be flexible in various situations, can also be embedded in a responsive site for example.Because the default implementations of the indicator are here to inform the user, also perfectly navigation. Because the style indicator in the CSS, you can look you like.You can use an event that has been prepared in advance, the timing of any processing.
iCarousel is a powerful mobile-friendly and lightweight jQuery plugin that allows you to arrange a set of images in a carousel layout. The plugin also provides an easy to use API which will allow to further enhance the functionality of the carousel. Great for screenshoot slider.
- Highly Flexible and Customizable.
- Multiple instances allowed in a single HTML page.
- Works on iOS & Android devices.
- Auto slideshow with optional pause on hover.
- Easily resizable.
- Keyboard support.
- Touch support.
- 3D & 2D available.
- Customizable transition timing function. (easing)
- Fast, hardware accelerated CSS3 transitions.
- SEO friendly, content is not hidden.
- Powerful, documented API — public methods, properties, callbacks.
- Each slide can have any html content(except video) and can be any size.
- Customizable scroll direction.
- Customizable X & Y spaces between slides.
- Unlimited slides support.
Moodular is a jQuery plugin which allows to create carousel/slider very easily. Moodular comes from the contraction of two words : mood & modular.Modular has some modules integrated (controls & effects).It’s modular too, cause you can create your own controls & effects to perform your personal carousel.
- Supports iPhone, iPad and Android
- Supports sliding by thumb or pager
- A interval can be set to slide automaticaly every given milliseconds
- Can be set to snap to a page
- Option to fade dots when dragging is done
- Size(radius) of the slider can be set.
- Can fire a callback after every move.
- Easy customizable
- Lightweight its only 130 lines of code. mimified the size is 4 kb
rcarousel is a jQuery UI continuous carousel with many cool features. It is highly customizable and supports even older browsers (No IE6, please). rcarousel is very simple to use. Just add some elements into a container and run the widget on it!
Glisse.js is a simple, responsive and fully customizable jQuery photo viewer. You’ll like the transitions between two pictures entirely assumed by CSS3.This plugin uses a lot of new CSS3 features like keyframes. It’s definitely not a good idea to uses it on a general public website for the time.
- Keyboard navigation
- Fully CSS Customizable
- Animated with CSS3 keyframes
- 7 different transition effects
- Scale to the viewport
- iPad & iPhone ready (soon a fully Android support)
simplyScroll is a jQuery plugin that can animate (scroll) a set of elements either automatically or manually, horizontally or vertically. It can also accept dynamic image input via a Flickr feed (note not full API integration) or a local JSON source. This plugin can be performance intensive, so speed and framerate are fully configureable to accomodate lower spec systems.
jQuery.carouFredSel is a plugin that turns any kind of HTML element into a carousel. It can scroll one or multiple items simultaneously, horizontal or vertical, infinite and circular, automatically or by user interaction.