Parallax scrolling website interfaces have been popping up all over the place recently. I didn’t want to miss out on the fun, so I have put together a parallax scrolling demo built using jQuery and CSS. Parallax scrolling is a 2d animation process that creates an illusion of depth by animating foreground layers faster than background layers. When you observe the landscape from a moving car, objects closer to the car appear to pass you faster than scenery further away. Parallax scrolling uses the same principle to trick the viewer into thinking they are observing a 3d scene.
Search Tutorial or Plugin
- Imagefill.js : jQuery plugin for making images fill their containers
- jQuery Motion Background Bokeh & Circles Animation
- Block Slide: A CSS3 Animated Modal Window Image Gallery jQuery Plugin
- switch.js : Switch-like widget using bootstrap and jQuery
- Clingy Footer : jQuery plugin to lock a fluid height footer