jQuery History allows you to easily track changes of the pages state by tracking URL Hashes. Supports changes triggered by bookmarks and back & forward buttons, as well as cross browser support.
- Tracks state changed within your application. States can be changed by the user via modification of the Page URL’s Hash (everything after the # in the URL), or via you manually in your code.
- Is able to detect all the possible ways a page’s state can change. These can be via links in your code, back-forward buttons in your browser, manual modification of the URL’s hash, using bookmarks that contain hashes, and finally refreshing a page with a hash.
- Routinely tested in all major browsers before each release. Explicitly it has been tested in IE6 and above, Firefox 2 and above, Safari 2 and above, Chrome 1 and above, and Opera 8 and above.
- Allows you to bind handlers to state changes within your web application. Eg.
- Allows you to trigger a state change manually within your code. Eg.
- Allows you to trigger a state handler manually within your code, such that the state is not recorded. Eg.
- Allows for easy integration with Ajax Applications via the use of jQuery Ajaxy.